Police Now: Technology that turns D&I strategy into reality
Police Now wanted to improve the diversity of applications across their graduate programmes, focusing particularly on engaging female talent and candidates from minority ethnic groups. Police Now wanted to deliver a world-class application journey from attraction to onboarding to retain their talent pipeline.
The employers prioritising an outstanding candidate experience, tailored to support and nurture talent of all backgrounds, will not only engage diverse young people at scale – but retain them across the hiring process. And with People diversity, comes better innovation – and a better bottomline.
Connectr’s technology turned Police Now’s D&I strategy into reality for the second year running by delivering just this.
- Always-on access for candidates to a diverse range of digital mentors, enabling them to connect with relevant experts to support their journey.
- Bespoke learning content focused on underrepresented groups, providing an accessible engagement platform that embodied Police Now’s culture and values.
- Live reporting to track user ratings, behavioural trends and mentor engagement rates.
- 93% user engagement rate
- 43% engaged with a mentor – that’s 1300+ mentor/mentee interactions
- 4.73/5 module rating (up from 4.2 the previous year)
- 28% of users were from minority ethnic groups (up from 20%)
- 65% of users identified as female (up from 53%)
- 35% of candidates conditionally offered a role were from a minority ethnic group
- 60% of candidates conditionally offered a role identified as female
user engagement rate
of candidates conditionally offered a role were from a minority ethnic group
of candidates conditionally offered a role identified as female